Prepare Your Garden For Spring With Artificial Grass In San Diego
It may be winter now, but before you know it, spring will be here. Make sure your garden is ready for the new season with our tips.
- Start planning your planting. Decide what you want to grow and where you want to plant it. This will help you make the most of your garden space.
- Get your soil tested. This will help you determine what nutrients your soil lacks and how to best amend it.
- Start collecting seeds. If you’re planning on growing from seed, now is the time to start collecting them. You can also purchase seeds from a garden center or online retailer.
- Begin preparing the beds. You’ll need to turn the soil, add compost, and amend it as required.
- Fertilize your lawn. This will help your grass green up faster in the spring.
- Prune trees and shrubs. This will help them grow stronger and healthier in the new season.
- Clean up leaves and debris. This will prevent diseases and pests from overwintering in your garden.
- Protect tender plants. If you have any plants susceptible to frost damage, make sure to cover them or bring them indoors before the cold weather hits.
- Check your garden tools. Make sure your tools are clean and in good working condition before using them again in the spring.
- Have fun! Gardening is a great way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. So take some time to plan your garden and get excited about the new season.
Use these tips to winter-proof your home and keep your family warm all season long.
Check your insulation. Ensure your attic and walls are adequately insulated to keep heat from escaping.
- Caulk and weatherstrip doors and windows. This will help prevent drafts from coming into your home.
- Install storm windows or cover windows with plastic film. This will add an extra layer of protection against the cold.
- Reverse your ceiling fans. Running your ceiling fans in reverse will circulate warm air near the ceiling back down into the room.
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees. Keeping your home at this temperature will strike a balance between being comfortable and being energy-efficient.
- Invest in a space heater. If you have a freezing room, you can use a space heater to help keep it warm.
- Bring your plants inside. Plants can help improve the air quality in your home, but they don’t do well in cold weather. Bring them inside where it’s warm to help them stay healthy.
- Wrap your water pipes. This will prevent them from freezing and bursting during the winter.
- Seal cracks and holes in your home. This will stop pests from entering your home and making themselves comfortable for the winter.
Contact Artificial Grass Pros at (619) 332-1177 for all your artificial grass needs in San Diego, CA. We offer various synthetic turf options for both residential and commercial applications.
Artificial Grass Can Help You Save Money
Artificial Grass Pros has a large range of synthetic turf to meet your needs! For added peace of mind, any turf installed by our trained professionals comes with a 15-year warranty. Request an estimate from Artificial Grass Pros today to get started or for more information!